Paying for College videos
The Paying for College program and videos are packed with concrete advice from local experts who help demystify how Minnesota families can finance a four-year college education.
A co-production of TPT’s Minnesota Productions & Partnerships, Paying for College is co-sponsored by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education and the Minnesota Private College Fund. Find out more about the funders and who we interviewed for this project.
Program and videos:
Click on the video name to view it. Note: If your website blocks YouTube, you can view the videos at the Minnesota Department of Education's Ready Set Go site.
View or download a list of shorter clips from each video.
Videos or clips may be embedded on your organization's website. Code for the broadcast video and clips is available from tpt. Code for the shorter segments can be copied from within the video or clip on this website or our YouTube channel.
Topics covered in the programs
- How “sticker prices” are different from what families actually pay.
- Start saving what you can.
- Ways to manage your borrowing.
- Steps to take to apply for financial aid.
- Download a handout about the Paying for College resources.
- Download a background summary of the Paying for College resources (PDF).
- View related resources including a glossary of key terms, helpful websites and tools for community and school partners to use in sharing Paying for College with high school students and their parents.
- Read about ways counselors can use the Paying for College videos.
Request a DVD
Complimentary DVDs containing all the videos are available. To request copies, please use our publication order form. Or, consider ordering the Paying for College handout.