Visiting campus during Minnesota Private College Week
Preparing for your visit:
- Learn where our campuses are located to help decide which ones to visit on the same day. Our mileage chart may also be helpful.
- Talk to your friends to see if any thinking about going to the same campus. Consider choosing the same day so you can carpool instead of driving separately.
- Find out where you can park on or off campus before you head out by reviewing directions and parking info for each campus.
- Think about questions you'd like to have answered.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Bring an umbrella in case it rains. June weather can be unpredictable.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to keep yourself hydrated.
Arriving for your visit:
- Watch for Minnesota Private College Week signs (like the one to the right). These will help direct you to parking and the location where the visit begins.
- Arrive a few minutes early, so you can find where to meet and walk around a little on your own. If you're earlier than a few minutes, drive around to see what the surrounding area is like.
During your visit:
- Listen to your "gut feelings" about a campus. Are you comfortable there?
- Remember, one visit to a dorm room, lab or classroom or a student guide's experience might not represent the entire campus. If you're still curious, come back during the school year when there are classes in session and students milling around.
- Engage with social media while you're at the campus. Use #MPCW in a public post on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook to share your experience with us.
After your visit:
- Write down your thoughts and feelings. After a few visits, all the campuses might start to blur together; you can even take pictures to remember what you saw.
- If you're intrigued by a school, find out who you can contact about setting up a later visit.
- Complete any surveys offered about your visit. This way, colleges can stay in contact with you about future tours or visits. It will also help us improve the event for next year.
Return to main page