- Our focus is on excellence in undergraduate teaching and learning.
- Courses are taught be highly-qualified faculty — 85% of full-time faculty members hold doctorates or other terminal degrees in their field.
- We have one professor for every 12 students.
- 63% of classes have fewer than 20 students and 99% of classes have fewer than 50 students.
- Our four-year graduation rate is the highest in the Midwest — higher than the region’s public systems as well as the other states’ nonprofit colleges. (This measure looks at a group of entering students and considers how many of them have stayed at that institution and earned their degree.)
- Looking nationally, the graduation rate of Minnesota's nonprofit colleges ranks 4th.
- Our four-year completion rate is the best in the state at 87%. (This measure looks at graduates who started and then completed at the same institution within four years.)
- Our students receive national recognition. In the most recent year, our colleges had 42 students who were named Fulbright Fellows, Goldwater Scholars, Watson Fellows and Truman Scholars. At the University of Minnesota, 19 students received those recognitions.
- Our alumni say they received a high-quality education and benefited from it more frequently than alumni from major public universities in a six-state region. For example, the share of alumni who said they benefited “very much” from a majority of classes taught by professors was:
- 88% for alumni from Minnesota’s Private Colleges
- 25% for alumni from national publics in our six-state region
- 20% of our most recent graduates pursued additional education immediately upon earning their bachelor’s degrees.
- 85% of our most recent graduates were employed within a year of graduation. (Results on employment and graduate education are not mutually exclusive, which means some students are doing both.)