This page is updated in late Jan./early Feb each year for the upcoming summer. Want to be notified when that happens? Sign up here.
Well before students can enroll in college, there are summer options at Minnesota’s private colleges. Some are for high schoolers, others for younger kids. Whatever their age, they’ll find new ways to explore existing passions or develop new ones — from sports to music to languages. Some are away camps, others run during the day. See for yourself how our colleges are offering something unique, helping teens, tweens and younger kids get more out of summer.
Note: Applications for some camps are due as early as February or March.
Summer camp offerings include:
- athletic programs
- The Confluence
- Metro/Augsburg High School Scrubs Day Camp
- Minnesota Debate and Advocacy Workshop
Bethany Lutheran College
Bethany will offer a variety of academic and athletic camps in 2024:
- art camp
- basketball camps
- cross country / track & field camp
- engineering and computers camp
- esports camp
- nursing camp
- soccer camp
- volleyball camps
The Carleton Summer Liberal Arts Institute is an in-person summer learning experience for rising high school juniors and seniors to explore liberal arts and college-level education. Carleton's Summer Liberal Arts Institute has new topics for 2024, which are as follows:
- Building connections in STEM: Genetics, physics, & geology
- Humanities: Modes of knowing, sites of encounter
- Fundamentals of neuroscience: Brain anatomy, physiology, & chemistry
- Reimagining society: Capitalism, socialism, & the environment
- Seeking computational solutions: Programming & beyond
- Storytelling through different lenses
College of Saint Benedict
The College of St. Scholastica
St. Scholastica is not holding any programming this summer.
Concordia College, Moorhead
Concordia University, St. Paul
Youth sports camps (dates to be determined, check back later)
Gustavus Adolphus College
Three physics camps for high school students in 2024:
- High School Innovation Camp
- High School Microscope Adventure Camp
- High School Renewable Energy Camp
- PRE@MAC (Pre-College Experience at Macalester), is a free residential immersion program designed specifically for Minnesota high school students graduating in 2025 and 2026. Macalester is looking for bright, motivated students from Black, Indigenous, and/or Communities of Color (BIPOC). The program runs from June 21-24.
- Macalester Youth Summer Basketball Camp
- Macalester Soccer ID Camp
- Macalester (soccer) Little Scots Day Camp
- Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth (MITY) academic programs
- Nike Volleyball Camp
- iD Tech Camps
- Lavner Tech Camp and STEM Camps
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
St. Catherine University
- Healthcare Math & Science Free Summer Camp (for BIPOC high school women entering their junior or senior year at Central, Cristo Rey, De La Salle, Harding, Highland Park, Hmong College Prep Academy and South High schools who are interested in healthcare, math and science fields)
- Lead and Influence Summer Camp
- STEM Academy - Summer Camp for Middle School Girls: Cracking the Code!
- Summer Fashion Workshop
St. Olaf College
University of Northwestern – St. Paul
University of St. Thomas
This flyer provides a quick way to let parents know about the summer enrichment programs for students being offered by our member institutions.
This flyer provides a quick way to let students know about the summer enrichment programs being offered by our member institutions. Download it to post in your school or to distribute it to students.